It’s summer! As the better (read: warm) weather is here to stay for the season, it’s time to get out and enjoy whether it’s backyard lounging or patio gathering. Invite friends and family over for a summer soirée; get inspired with loads of summer cocktail recipes, mouth-watering food recipes and more than 140 featured wine and spirits.
In this issue, there are more cocktail recipes than ever; find out more about the newest and hottest wines, beers, spirits, trendy and tiki cocktails (recipes shared by leading bartenders in Vancouver). Read up on the featured celebrity chef who happens to be Robert Clark of C Restaurant) and more articles on your favourite drink. These and more are in this summer issue:
- Gray Monk, Celebrating 39, 40 and 50 years: James Nevison’s inspiring interview with Gray Monk Estate Winery founders George and Trudy Heiss.
- Cocktail Culture: Tinctures, syrups, and more to make cocktails super special and to impress your guests.
- Backyard Picnic: A gluten-free feast for your backyard retreat.
- Sol Food: Spice up your grill with Latin barbecue.
- Platters & Punch: Simple summer entertaining with three themes – Mediterranean, Tropical, and Locavore.
- Classic Gin Cocktails: Jay Jones, Lead Bartender at Shangri-La hotel revives the classic English spirit and shares his recipes with Taste readers.
- The Art of Fermentation: Crafting your own healthy summer foods.
- Sauvignon Blanc: Caroline Evans-Hammond looks at the understated wine that creates many perfect pairings.
- India Pale Ale: A closer look at the star of craft beer.
- Foraging: Takes green eating beyond organic.
- Juicy Wines: Mouth-watering summer selections by Daenna Van Mulligan, publisher of WineDiva.ca.
- It’s a Wrap: Savoury summer salads to go.