It's a Season For Giving in this issue. With so many great ideas for entertaining and gift-giving, this season will be a breeze.
In this issue, you'll enjoy dozens of recipes paired with suggested wines, cocktail recipes shared by Bar Star Ron Oliver of The Diamond (Gastown), an interview with the talented David Hawksworth, chef and owner of Hawksworth Restaurant in the historic Rosewood Hotel Georgia, and many great articles on wine and dining that include:
- Year of the Dragon: Stephen Wong speaks of the Chinese (or Lunar) New Year and introduces three auspicious dishes paired with complementary wines.
- Superstar Blends: James Nevison of HALFAGLASS educates us on the best blended wines.
- Unwrap A New Favourite: Wine Diva Daenna Van Mullgen gives us license to explore new wines, especially for those who always drink the same wines.
- Signature Selections — Warm Spirits for the Cooler Months: Portfolio Manager, Adele Shaw introduces an array of full-flavoured dark spirits (American whiskey, aged and spiced rums, Canadian whisky, and Scotch) that nicely complement the cooler months.
- Sweet Gifts from the Kitchen: Recipes for nut brittle, caramel, macarons and more from The Dirty Apron Cooking School and the Pastry Training Centre of Vancouver. Make and then pair them with our suggested liqueurs to give away.
- The Magic of Valpolicella: James Cluer, Master of Wine, introduces one grape that make four completely different styles of wine.
There are many more great articles to read this season so pick up your copy in stores (while quantities last). Or read it online in Flip book format.
Enjoy the season!