Legal & Privacy
Collection, use, disclosure and retention of information must comply with provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Document Disposal Act. Collected personal information will only be used by those authorized to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. We do not disclose information to other public bodies or individuals except as authorized by law. We keep the information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
For further information about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact Information, Privacy and Access services at the Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3043.
BC LIQUOR STORES WEBSITE
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) recognizes the privacy concerns of visitors to this website and therefore advises visitors that the Internet is not a completely secure medium.
The LDB does not proactively collect personally identifiable information when users visit the LDB website. When you visit the LDB website, our web server automatically collects a limited amount of information to facilitate the operation and security of our website. Some of this information (e.g., browser type) does not identify who you are, while other information, such as your Internet domain name or Internet Provider (IP) address may identify you. The extent of personal identification depends, in large part, on the "naming standards" followed by your Internet Service Provider. We may also use non-personal information to determine total number of visitors to our website.
In regards to the Contact Us page, by submitting your e-mail address on the feedback form, you consent to the LDB collecting your personal information and responding to you using the e-mail address you provided.
BC Liquor Stores Customers
The LDB is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information you provide during transactions within our BC Liquor Stores.
WE ONLY COLLECT WHAT'S NECESSARY
- The personal information you provide will only be used to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is directly related to that purpose.
- We only collect the personal information that is necessary for the service(s) you are seeking from BC Liquor Stores.
- A limited amount of your personal information is recorded when you use your debit or credit card to pay for your purchase, and when you return product, place a special order, or apply for a special occasion license. While you are outside the entrances of our store or inside the store, your image may also be captured by customer awareness cameras.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SAFEGUARDED
- Information is kept only as long as necessary for the purposes it was collected and for any legal requirements, after which it is destroyed in a timely and secure manner.
- Access is restricted to authorized personnel who need the information to perform their duties.
- Our work processes ensure that personal information is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Electronic data in our computer systems is protected against unauthorized access and the data is transmitted over secured networks.
- Paper copies are safely stored until they are destroyed in a secure manner.
WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS ONLY WHEN REQUIRED
- Personal information is not rented or sold to any third parties.
- We do not disclose information to other organizations, businesses or individuals except as authorized by law and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
In regards to the BC Liquor Stores E-News Subscription Page, the Liquor Distribution Branch is collecting your contact information (such as your name, email address and mobile number) in order for us to send you electronic communications about product tastings, new product releases, valuable offers, and special promotions at BC Liquor Stores. We are also collecting your demographic information such as your postal code, so that we may personalize the electronic communications we send to you and improve the services we offer you. In addition, we may use standard Internet technology in our e-news email campaigns to verify whether you have opened our emails or clicked on the links featured in our emails. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the messages we send to you and to measure the overall effectiveness of our email campaigns, programming, or other activities. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions please contact Information, Privacy and Access Services, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3043.
My LDB Account Privacy Notification
In regards to the My LDB Account sign up page, the Liquor Distribution Branch is collecting your personal information to manage your user identity and access permissions for LDB applications. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information please contact Information, Privacy and Access Services, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3043.
New Hire Onboarding Page Privacy Notification
In regards to the New Hire Onboarding Page the Liquor Distribution Branch and the Public Service Agency are collecting your personal information to establish your Human Resources and Payroll records. The personal information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Act . For further information, please contact a Human Resources Advisor, Liquor Distribution Branch at 604-252-3240.