The Liquor Distribution Branch (“LDB”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information you provide during transactions within our Stores, and while using our Websites.
Collection, use, disclosure and retention of information must comply with provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Information Management Act. Collected personal information will only be used by those authorized to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. We do not disclose information to other public bodies or individuals except as authorized by law. We keep the information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
For further information about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer at the Liquor Distribution Branch, 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby BC, V5G 4S1 or call 604-252-7461.
BC Liquor Stores Website
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) recognizes the privacy concerns of visitors to this Website and therefore advises visitors that the Internet is not a completely secure medium.
The LDB does not proactively collect personally identifiable information when users visit the BC Liquor Stores website (Website). When you visit the Website, our web server automatically collects a limited amount of information to facilitate the operation and security of our website. Some of this information (e.g., browser type) does not identify who you are, while other information, such as your Internet domain name or Internet Provider (IP) address may identify you. The extent of personal identification depends, in large part, on the "naming standards" followed by your Internet Service Provider. We may also use non-personal information to determine total number of visitors to our website.
In regards to the Contact Us page, by submitting your email address on the feedback form, you consent to the LDB collecting your personal information and responding to you using the email address you provided.
BC Liquor Stores E-Newsletters
The Liquor Distribution Branch is collecting your contact information (such as your name, email address and mobile number) in order for us to send you electronic communications about product tastings, new product releases, valuable offers, and special promotions at BC Liquor Stores. We are also collecting your demographic information such as your postal code, so that we may personalize the electronic communications we send to you and improve the services we offer you. In addition, we may use standard Internet technology in our e-news email campaigns to verify whether you have opened our emails or clicked on the links featured in our emails. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the messages we send to you and to measure the overall effectiveness of our email campaigns, programming, or other activities. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions please contact the Privacy Officer at the Liquor Distribution Branch, 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby BC, V5G 4S1 or call 604-252-7461.
Customer Care Centre
When you contact our Customer Care Centre with a comment, question or complaint we may record your information in order to respond to you and assist with your request, including details of your enquiry, your name, and your contact details (such as your mailing address, phone number or email address).
By emailing the Customer Care Centre or by submitting your email address on any of the customer care forms, you consent to the LDB collecting your personal information and responding to you using the email address you provided.
We may monitor and/or record telephone discussions when you call our Customer Care Centre, to evaluate customer service, for training purposes, and to respond to your request for assistance.
Links to Other Websites
MY LDB Account Privacy Notification
The LDB is collecting your personal information to manage your user identity and access permissions for LDB applications and/or to receive, process, and send your orders for delivery. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information please contact the Privacy Officer, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby BC, V5G 4S1 or call 604-252-7461.
BC Liquor Stores Customers
The LDB is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information you provide during transactions in store and when using the Website.
We Collect Only What's Necessary
- The personal information you provide will only be used to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is directly related to that purpose.
- The LDB only collects the personal information that is necessary for the service(s) you are seeking from the Website.
- A limited amount of your personal information is collected: when you place an order online; when you contact our Customer Care Centre for assistance; when you use your debit or credit card to pay for your purchase; when you return product; when you place a special order; or when you apply for a special occasion license.
Your Personal Information is Safeguarded
- Information is kept only as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected and for any legal requirements, after which it is destroyed in a timely and secure manner.
- Access is restricted to authorized personnel who need the information to perform their duties.
- LDB work processes ensure that personal information is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Electronic data in LDB computer systems is protected against unauthorized access and the data is transmitted over secured networks.
We Share Information with Others Only When Required
- Personal information is not rented or sold to any third parties.
- LDB does not disclose information to other organizations, businesses or individuals except as authorized by law and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.