BCLIQUOR Social Media Terms and Conditions
BCLIQUOR is committed to protecting youth, and our social media channels are intended for users who are 19 years or older.
We welcome your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas. We encourage you to share your comments, but we expect conversations to follow the conventions of polite discourse. We will attempt to engage and respond to comments but are not able to reply to every inquiry.
Our social media pages are actively monitored M-F, 9 am- 5 pm PST. They are also checked periodically on evenings and weekends. If you have an inquiry that requires immediate attention, please direct it to our main reception at: 604-252-7400 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Collection Notice
The personal information you post may be collected by the BC Liquor Distribution Branch under s. 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public. Please be aware that any information collected may be stored and/or accessed outside of Canada on servers not belonging to the government. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include any personal information including phone numbers and email addresses in the body of your comment. Please do not share personal information about others, including pictures.
If you have any questions please contact: Manager, Information, Privacy and Access, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4S1, Tel: 604-252-7461.
Engagement and Moderation
BC Liquor Distribution Branch social media pages are actively monitored. Social media moderators will not tolerate comments that are offensive (to an individual or organization) or are harassing in their approach. We also reserve the right to edit our posts for clarification or remove comments that abuse the following conditions:
- are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language
- include defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful remarks
- make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- constitute spam, promote services or products (are advertising in their approach)
- invade anyone’s privacy or impersonates anyone
- are far off-topic or deviate from the flow of polite debate and discussion
- are posted without the necessary rights, licences and consents
- encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- contain long embedded URLs
- contain excessive links or contain code
- identify any publicly-elected representative or candidate regardless of their political affiliation, whether those comments are supportive or critical
- are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Users who repeatedly and/or purposefully post comments that violate the above policies in any way may be prevented from accessing BCLIQUOR's social media page(s) at the discretion of the BCLIQUOR's moderators.
As a member of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube we also adhere to their published policies.
BCLIQUOR is committed to protecting your privacy. Collection, use, disclosure and retention of information complies with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Collected personal information will only be used by those authorized to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. We do not disclose information to other public bodies or individuals except as authorized by law. We keep the information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
For further information about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact: Manager, Information, Privacy and Access, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4S1, Tel: 604-252-7461.