BROCCOLI TABBOULEH WITH HALIBUT
1 large head broccoli
2 cups (500 ml) chopped snap peas
3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil, divided
1 lemon, zest and juice, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
4 x 4 oz (125 g) skinless halibut fillets
½ English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 cup (250 ml) sliced cherry tomatoes
1 cup (250 ml) chopped parsley leaves
½ cup (125 ml) chopped mint leaves
½ cup (125 ml) tahini
¼ cup (60 ml) water, or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Break up broccoli into florets. Pulse in a food processor until the size of rice, or finely dice by hand.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli “rice”, snap peas, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Distribute evenly onto a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove and allow to cool but keep oven on for next step.
- Place halibut fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until opaque in centre and flaky.
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and mint. Add cooled broccoli mixture and juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining minced garlic clove, tahini, water, juice of remaining half of lemon, salt and pepper. Add more water if needed to thin the dressing.
- Plate broccoli tabbouleh and place halibut on top. Drizzle tahini dressing over top and serve.