CHILLIWACK CORN ON THE COB WITH HERB LEMON BUTTER
4 ears of corn
6 tbsp (90 ml) butter, softened
2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped mixed herbs (parsley, chives, tarragon and mint)
1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
2 tbsp (30 ml) grated Parmesan
1 pinch smoked paprika or cayenne pepper (optional), or to taste
- Clean corn cobs by pulling husks of corn back, but do not remove. Remove and discard silk under husks. Tie the husks together with another piece of husk.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, herbs, lemon zest and salt. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, blanch corn cobs for 2 minutes, by holding husk and dipping just corn cob in.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Wrap husks in foil to prevent burning and grill corn until golden on all sides, about 5 to 8 minutes total.
- Spread herb butter all over corn cobs and sprinkle with Parmesan, smoked paprika and extra herbs (if desired) before serving.