DUKKAH SWEET POTATO SALAD
1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
6 tbsp (90 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tbsp (30 ml) dukkah spice (Available at specialty grocery stores)
1 tbsp (15 ml) salt, plus extra, to taste
pepper, to taste
¼ cup (60 ml) labneh
1 cup (250 ml) cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature
3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
1 lemon, zest only
1 tsp (5 ml) chopped parsley
1 tsp (5 ml) chopped mint
½ cup (125 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
2 handfuls baby greens
¼ cup (60 ml) Macedonian-style feta (can substitute for regular feta), broken into chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, onions, 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, dukkah spice, 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, or until tender and golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Spread labneh on a serving plate, then add quinoa. Arrange sweet potatoes and onions on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and herbs, toss dressing together with cherry tomatoes and baby greens.
- Arrange tomatoes, greens and feta on salad and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sweet potatoes and onions can be served warm or at room temperature.