Everything Bagel-Spiced Lox Salad served with Green Goddess Dressing
IngredientsServes 2 to 4
1 tbsp (15 ml) capers, drained and dried on a paper towel
4 cups (1 L) mixed greens
8 oz (250 g) lox (cold smoked salmon)
1 small avocado, cut into wedges
2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped red onion
¼ cup (60 ml) peas, fresh or frozen, blanched
1 tbsp (15 ml) Everything Bagel Spice, make ahead, recipe follows
½ lemon, cut into thin slices, for garnish
¼ cup (60 ml) Green Goddess Dressing, make ahead, recipe follows
FOR EVERYTHING BAGEL SPICE:
1 tbsp (15 ml) poppy seeds
1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
1 tbsp (15 ml) dried minced garlic
1 tbsp (15 ml) dried minced onion
1 tsp (5 ml) seasoning salt
FOR GREEN GODDESS DRESSING:
½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
1 cup (250 ml) mixed green herbs (e.g. tarragon, parsley, chives, chervil, or as desired)
2 anchovy fillets
2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat oil to 375 F (190 C). Deep-fry capers until opened and crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Place greens on a platter, then arrange lox and avocado over top.
- Sprinkle crispy capers, red onion, peas and Everything Bagel Spice over salad.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve with Green Goddess Dressing on side.
- To make Everything Bagel Spice, mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- To make the Green Goddess Dressing, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Makes 1 cup (250 ml) dressing.