GREMOLATA ROASTED NUGGETS AND BABY VEGETABLES
IngredientsServes 4 to 6
1½ lbs (750 g) yellow baby potatoes
2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
¼ tsp (1 ml) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 orange, zest only
1 lemon, zest only
1 lime, zest only
2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped cilantro leaves
¼ lb (125 g) asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
6 baby yellow pattypan squash, halved
6 baby zucchini, trimmed
⅓ cup (75 ml) pine nuts, toasted flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out on parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, in a small bowl combine orange, lemon and lime zest, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Gently toss together with a fork. Set aside.
- When potatoes have baked for 10 minutes, remove and stir in vegetables, then return to oven to finish baking, about 5 to 8 more minutes. Stir occasionally until potatoes and vegetables are tender but still firm when pierced with a fork.
- Halve some of the larger potatoes, if you wish, and transfer all potatoes to a large serving dish. Drizzle with another 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil. Sprinkle with half the gremolata and gently toss together to evenly blend. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Sprinkle remaining gremolata and toasted pine nuts over top. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and serve warm.