GRILLED SALAD WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
1 cup (250 ml) mixed green herbs, such as tarragon, parsley, chives, chervil
2 anchovy fillets
2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
¼ loaf of French bread, torn into 1-in (2 cm) pieces
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
2 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
1 avocado, cut into quarters (leave skin on)
1 cup (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
Chopped chives for garnish
- In a blender, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mixed herbs, anchovy fillets and Worcestershire until smooth. Season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use in an airtight container, up to 3 days. Can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Bring a small pot of water to boil over high heat. Gently place eggs into water and boil for 7 minutes. Remove eggs and put into an ice bath until completely cooled. Crack and peel, set aside.
- Toss bread with 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil and put on a baking tray. Bake croutons for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once or twice. Remove from oven and cool.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Rub cut side of the romaine hearts with 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, just until grill marks form. Grill cut sides of avocados for about 2 minutes per side, just until grill marks form. Plate romaine hearts, avocados and cherry tomatoes on a platter. Cut eggs in half and place on the platter, garnish with croutons, chives and dressing.