MIXED MELON SORBET POPS
IngredientsServes 6 frozen pops
⅓ cup (75 ml) water
⅓ cup (75 ml) sugar
1½ cup (375 ml) ripe seedless watermelon, 1-inch (2.5 cm) diced
3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
3 to 6 tbsp (45 to 90 ml) simple syrup, divided
1½ cup (375 ml) ripe honeydew, 1-inch (2.5 cm) diced
3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
1½ cup (375 ml) ripe cantaloupe, 1-inch (2.5 cm) diced
3 tbsp (45 ml) grapefruit juice
- In a blender, mix watermelon, lime juice and 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) simple syrup, process until smooth.
- Fill 6 popsicle molds ⅓ of the way full. Place into freezer for 40 minutes.
- Rinse out blender and repeat with honeydew, lemon juice and simple syrup. Add to a separate container to chill in freezer.
- Rinse out blender and repeat with cantaloupe, grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Add to a separate container to chill in freezer.
- After the watermelon is semi-firm, add honeydew to the mold. Place in freezer for 40 more minutes, then top with the cantaloupe. Place in freezer until completely firm, about 4 hours.
- To make SIMPLE SYRUP: In a small saucepan bring water up to a boil. Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and refrigerate until cold.