NAPLES NUGGET SALAD
IngredientsServes 4 to 6
1½ lbs (750 g) yellow, red and blue baby potatoes
1 tbsp (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp (1 ml) each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 to 6 slices smoked prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
½ cup (125 ml) green or kalamata olives
1 cup (250 ml) halved cherry tomatoes
¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh basil
2 cups (500 ml) fresh baby arugula, divided
4 tbsp (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp (1 ml) sea salt
⅛ tsp (0.5 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
1 generous pinch of fennel seeds, crushed
1 splash of maple syrup or pinch of granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Then spread out on parchmentlined baking sheet in a single layer and bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes.
- When potatoes have baked for 10 minutes, remove and stir in prosciutto and olives (pitted if desired), then return to oven to finish baking, about 5 to 8 more minutes. Stir occasionally and pierce potatoes with a fork, to be sure they are tender but still firm when done.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together DRESSING ingredients, adding a splash of maple syrup (or pinch of sugar), to taste.
- Halve some of the larger potatoes, if desired, and transfer with prosciutto to a large serving dish along with tomatoes and basil. Gently toss together to evenly coat with dressing. Add more seasonings to taste, as desired.
- Fold in half the arugula and sprinkle remaining arugula onto individual servings before serving.