Pea & Herb FrittataEnjoy this spring staple in four easy recipes, sure to please. Easy-peasy.
8 large eggs
2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream
2 tsp (10 ml) kosher salt
1 tsp (5 ml) freshly ground pepper
2 cups (500 ml) frozen peas, blanched
½ bunch cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1 bunch dill, chopped
½ bunch parsley leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped chives or green onion
4 oz (125 g) feta, crumbled, divided
2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
1 bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine
pea greens, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add peas, cilantro, dill, parsley, chives and 3 oz (90 g) feta. Mix well.
- In an 8-in (20 cm) non-stick oven-safe frying pan, heat butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil over medium heat until butter has melted and is foamy. Swirl it around the pan to coat entire bottom and up sides.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes until bottom has started to set. Transfer pan to oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until centre of frittata has just set but is still slightly wobbly.
- Place cherry tomatoes on baking tray and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to a serving platter. Garnish with roasted tomatoes, pea greens and remaining feta.