Red Curry Salmon with Oyster Mushrooms
IngredientsServes Serves 4
½ cup (125 ml) canned coconut cream*
½ cup (125 ml) Thai red curry paste
2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
2 tsp (10 ml) oyster sauce
2 limes, divided
2 lbs (1 kg) salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
3 cups (750 ml) oyster mushrooms, trimmed and torn in half
2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste
handful cilantro leaves, for garnish
2 green onions, julienned, for garnish
1 handful crispy shallots, for garnish
chili oil, to taste
cooked rice, to serve
* If you cannot find coconut cream, skim off cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut cream, curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce and zest and juice of 1 lime.
- Spread curry marinade over salmon fillet. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Any extra marinade can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Toss mushrooms in vegetable oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside, reserving lined baking sheet for next step.
- Reduce heat to 325 F (170 C). Place salmon on lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cut remaining lime into wedges. Once salmon is cooked, transfer to a serving platter and garnish with roasted mushrooms, cilantro, green onion, crispy shallots and chili oil. Serve with rice.