Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Sweet 'N' Spicy PecansA delicious menu idea for your Thanksgiving table.
20 Brussels sprouts, halved
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp (15 ml) nutritional yeast
½ cup (125 ml) maple syrup
¼ tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
⅛ tsp (0.5 ml) salt
½ cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- To make Sweet 'N' Spicy Pecans, Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and adjust rack to upper third of oven. In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, cayenne and salt. Toss in pecans. Spread pecan mixture on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully stir pecans to coat with caramelized maple. Set aside to cool completely. Using a spatula, scrape up pecans when cooled and store in an airtight container in a cool dark place for up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper, to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet or shallow baking dish cut-side down in single layer. Bake until tops of Brussels sprouts start to turn golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with Sweet 'n' Spicy Pecans.