SALMON WITH GRILLED NECTARINE SALSA
½ red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
½ jalapeño, diced
1 cup (250 ml) cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juice only
1 tbsp (30 ml) neutral-flavoured oil
2 nectarines, halved, pitted
2 x 3 oz (90 g) salmon fillet, skin on
½ lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high with lid closed.
- In a medium bowl, mix diced onion, red pepper, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste and let sit
- Brush grill with oil. Leaving lid open, place cut side of nectarines onto grill for about 3 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Season each salmon fillet with a pinch of salt. Lay flesh side down on grill for about 3 minutes with lid open. Flip salmon and grill for another 3 minutes or until centre is just opaque.
- Once nectarines have cooled, dice and add to salsa mixture. To serve, garnish salmon with salsa and lime wedge.