STRAWBERRY ALMOND WHITE CHOCOLATE BARS
IngredientsServes 42 Bars
2 lbs (1 kg) white chocolate
½ cup (125 ml) freeze-dried sliced strawberries
⅓ cup (75 ml) dried apricots, cut into slivers
⅓ cup (75 ml) unblanched sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Lightly oil a 10 x 15-in (20 x 38 cm) jelly roll pan and line with plastic wrap with edges extending over sides of pan.
- To make bars, coarsely chop white chocolate and place in a double boiler or a large bowl over simmering water. Stir gently as it begins to melt. Remove from heat just before fully melted and continue stirring until smooth.
- Spread plain white melted chocolate out evenly on prepared jelly roll pan, then top with strawberries, apricots and sliced almonds. Gently press into melted chocolate.
- Set bars aside for a couple of hours to slightly firm. Then score the surface into bars before refrigerating for several hours until fully firm.
- Separate into bars and store in a tightly covered container in a cool place until ready to serve.