2 cups (500 ml) asparagus, cut into 1-in (2.5 cm) pieces
2 cups (500 ml) cauliflower florets
2 cups (500 ml) sliced carrots
1 tbsp (15 ml) shallot, diced
3 large eggs, divided
1 egg yolk
6 tbsp (90 ml) whipping cream, divided
2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly grated Parmesan
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Butter six 1-cup (250-ml) ramekins and line bottoms with parchment paper. Butter paper.
- Steam each vegetable separately until just tender. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Reserve several of each of the steamed vegetables for garnish.
- In a food processor or blender, purée asparagus and shallots until smooth. If necessary, place purée in a sieve to drain any excess liquid. Meanwhile, in a medium- sized bowl, mix 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk and 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream. Add 1 cup (250 ml) drained asparagus purée and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Purée cauliflower until smooth. Then, in a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 whole egg, 2 tbsp (30 ml) Parmesan and 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream. Add 1 cup (250 ml) cauliflower purée and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Purée carrots until smooth. Then, in a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 whole egg, 2 tbsp (30 ml) orange juice and 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream. Add 1 cup (250 ml) carrot purée and whisk until well combined.
- Pour ½ cup (125 ml) asparagus purée into 2 of the prepared ramekins. Repeat with the other 2 vegetable purées until you have 2 ramekins of each purée for a total of 6 ramekins.
- Set ramekins in a baking dish. Add enough water to dish to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Place in oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of ramekins comes out clean. Carefully remove baking dish from oven and remove ramekins from water bath. Set on a cooling rack.
- Run a knife around sides of ramekins and invert onto platter removing paper. Garnish with reserved vegetables and serve.