MILK CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARS
IngredientsServes 16 Bars
8 oz (250 g) milk chocolate
¼ cup (60 ml) ground pretzel crumbs, plus extra
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8-in (20 x 20 cm) square baking dish and line with plastic wrap, overlapping edges. Alternatively, use a 6-bar untreated chocolate mould.
- Melt milk chocolate in double boiler or a bowl over simmering water. Stir gently as it begins to melt. Remove from heat just before fully melted and continue stirring until smooth.
- Stir in pretzel crumbs, reserving extra. Pour into prepared baking dish and smooth top. Scatter top with extra pretzel crumbs. Alternatively, spread in a chocolate bar mould. Sprinkle with extra crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Lift firmed chocolate from baking dish and place on a cutting board. With a warm knife, cut into 2 x 2-in (5 x 5 cm) bars. If using a chocolate mould, gently dislodge bars from mould with a knife.
- Store in a tightly covered container in a cool place for several days.